Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 19: NYC to Niagara Falls

July 12, 2014

We're half way done!!  Sho, Saya and I reached Niagara Falls today after cycling about 450 miles from New York City.  

Sho and Saya (with flower)

Saya decided to take a nap as we took what was supposed to be an iconic photo from this ride...

Earlier today, we met Bob Kirby, who stopped to chat while on a double century (200-mile) ride.  He expected to finish around 10 p.m.  That's a tough feat, and Bob told me that he weighed something like 300 pounds a year or two ago.  Respect.

Bob Kirby and I

I have to interrupt this trip for two days to give a speech at a conference in Whippany, New Jersey.  Eiko drove up to Niagara Falls and will spend two days with Sho and Saya while I'm at the conference.  Sho and Saya were happy to see their mommy!

Eiko will return to NYC on Tuesday, and Sho, Saya and I will resume cycling on Wednesday, July 16.  We expect to reach NYC by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment