Wednesday, October 28, 2015

New Book! Daunted Courage: A Family's Bicycle Adventure on the Lewis & Clark Trail


My 8-year-old daughter thinks Sacagawea would like this book more than any other written about Lewis and Clark's famous early 1800s expedition. I'm not sure that's true, but my new book, Daunted Courage: A Family's Bicycle Adventure on the Lewis & Clark Trail, mixes danger, history, child-rearing and the travails of exploring the unknown into a grand tale that I hope will leave you wanting to go out and create your own adventure!

The naysayers said it was foolhardy to attempt to cycle nearly 1,700 miles and over the Rocky Mountains with a 12- and 6-year-old. But I think kids can do a whole lot more than most adults think. As we dealt with one problem after another on this 2-month bike ride, my children and I grew closer. Maybe instead of trying to make their lives comfortable, the best way to raise resilient kids is to struggle together?

No comments:

Post a Comment