Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 57 Daunted Courage, August 25, 2013


Progress to date (in red):

Quote of the day from my college friend, Brad: “I think when you die, you lose all your airline points.”

Eiko, Sho, Saya and I spent today with Brad and Lisa Graff, treating ourselves to one more rest day in Portland before making the final push to the Pacific Ocean.  I met Brad the first week of college in 1986, and we’ve been good friends ever since.  When you're 18 years old, it’s difficult to project nearly three decades into the future, and it’s kinda strange to be here already.  Brad brought out a box of photos from our college years, and everyone laughed at what nerds we were.  Yet another reminder to treasure each moment, because they sure do disappear.

Today’s saddest moment was saying goodbye to my sister Becky, who flew back to her home in Nashville.  She made a big difference to me over the past week, and I appreciated the chance to share a part of this adventure with my big sis.

Today’s happiest moment was making sushi together for dinner.  Eiko taught Brad and Lisa the nuances and intricacies of making sushi rolls and nigiri, with help from Sho and Saya.  I was impressed by how quickly Lisa learned from Eiko.  Brad, not so much. :-)

Today’s coolest moment was when Brad and I came across two coyotes playing in a field.  I thought they would run away from us, but they were having too much fun frolicking and chasing one another to worry about the two humans nearby.

Here are some pics: 
Two coyotes at play

Makin' sushi

Brad and Lisa about to dig in

No comments:

Post a Comment